Cardiff Triathletes was formed in 1984 by a small group of people interested in the, then, new sport of triathlon.
The objectives of the club are to encourage and promote the sport of triathlon in the Cardiff and the surrounding area.
The club is affiliated to the British Triathlon Federation via Welsh Triathlon and individual members are encouraged to join these organisations.
|NAME||TT||SWIM||RUN TT||HILL TT||Duathlon||AGE TOTAL|
|NAME||TT||SWIM||RUN TT||HILL TT||Duathlon||total|
|Huw Robert- Thomas||0||49||76||0||0||125|
In my new role as membership secretary, I'm updating the members' database. As such, please could anyone paying the concessionary rate show a current student card/proof of concession to me or Andrew Deans before 8th March. As a reminder, concession membership fees apply to senior citizens and full-time students. If this no longer applies to you, please speak to Lawrie or myself about amending your direct debit payment.
Fancy a go at a 25 mile cycle time trial with a partner?
Every year we enter a few teams for the event at Port Talbot/Neath which this year is on Sunday 17th March. Basically its 25 mile against the clock in pairs. You are racing against the clock so it doesn't matter if you are Wiggo like as you won’t get left behind! Course is pretty much flat. You don’t need a TT bike, just a racing bike is fine. Male/female/mixed categories so no excuse!
Obviously you are free to sort out your own entry, however it would be good to coordinate in a single submission. Cost is £9 each person. See me at a Tues swim, Wed turbo, or message me if you need to chat/find out more.
This could be a logistical nightmare so I’m going to do this in 2 passes.
1. If you are interested, check your diaries and if keen then post interest here or on club facebook page. This will give me a chance to see how we are shaping up. Only do this if you can commit. Contact me outside of this link if you have a query/need to find out more before responding. This is one of those things that, because it’s a team, if you commit you MUST turn up on the day otherwise you let the Club and your partner down. If it were me I’d expect you to stump up the rest of the entry fee too! You need to respond by 6th Feb to show interest/availability. That will give me a couple of weeks to sort pairs out so you can get out and practice!
2. I will confirm pairs and sort out forms etc by 26th Feb and submit by end Feb as entry closes 5th March. Therefore you will need to have paid by the Tues 26th swim (give cash to me or Chairman Deans). No payment – no entry.
Sorry if this sounds a bit official but am trying to avoid a last minute panic! Ideally club shirts should be worn as it’s an official event – not vital, but it’s your chance to look like a pro for the day! No doubt we could borrow some if you don’t have one yet.
With the size of the club it will be difficult for me to get pairing right as I don’t know everyone. I can talk to you about your level etc, but chat amongst yourselves and feel free to nominate your own pairs when registering interest. To get the best of the race you must be evenly matched in terms of ability, and be happy with the backside you’ll be looking at for an hour or so!
As an indication – last year the winners did 53 mins, last place 1hr 21 mins (@19mph). Club did between 1.03 and 1.06 for mid-pack placings.
Hi all, I'm not sure yet what my situation is with role as Social Secretary, nonetheless, I have posted up some socials ideas for first 1/3 of 2013:
1) Killer Queen @ Welsh Millennium Centre, Sat 16/02/13, 7:30pm, £16.
2) Lloyd Langford @ Muni Arts Centre Pontypridd, Thu 07/03/13, 8:00pm £9 adv. or £11 door.
3) McCoys 2013 Premier League Darts @ CIA, Thu 21/03/13, £22.75.
4) Judgement Day: back-to-back Rugby (Dragons vs Scarlets / Blues vs Ospreys) @ Millennium Stadium, Sat 30/03/13, 2:30pm, £26.90.
5) Josh Widdicombe @ Glee Club, Thu 25/04/13, £10 NUS, £13 other.
Personally, I quite fancy 3, 4) and 5) although somewhat pricey. I would be grateful if people could post comments on what events they are likely to want to attend. Also, any suggestions outside of this list is welcome. I know Nicky Palmer and Paul Evans suggested laser guns before Christmas, who would be game for toy gunning it up?
There will of course be skittles first week or so of May, before Blaenavon.
Sorry guys, the pavements around the park are icy in lots of places and not really conducive to our session or safe group running.
if you don't have to go to work tomorrow i would encourage you to do some running offroad in the daylight in the parks....take it fairly steady for obvious reasons...it'll switch some muscles on that you didn't know you had! Just don't blame me if you fall over!